Oct 6, 2014

The Beautiful Skull

Id like to impose some of my insecurities on you for just a sec... if i can have your attention.
As a person studying Makeup art the way i have in the last decade, I have come to the conclusion that i have to learn how to draw. I see some amazing Makeup charts created online from makeup artist all the time and admire them with passion. Their are some really talented people out there that give me so much inspiration. All of these years i tried to do that but realized now i have to know the fundamentals of drawing. You know, creating 3d situations on the paper. Ill tell you that I'm not far from stick figures. visualizing a 3d object on a blank sheet is a very distorted and confusing thing for me.
Ive decided to start with the human skull. Since this is something i work with in real life everyday, this will help me understand contouring and shading on another level. Its more than just apply that color here and that color there. No, its much more. Ive fallen in love with the idea that one day i will be able to create people on paper and over that persons face i can convey a beautiful message of makeup to show or even have in my portfolio. it will be a new way of showing someone what i can do with fewer words.

Although i will not show any sketch that I'm not proud of yet, here are a few that I am on my usual canvas...




Me with my Beautiful daughter Hunter.  


Day of the Dead




Your local Halloween Skeleton Decoration


 For the people that know me for sure know that i am a big fan of the rose. So I gave it a try!